Thursday 21 August 2014

Refining my Model - Post Presentation

As my previous post states, I received feedback from Ant in order to refine my model a lot more and in doing so will make it more functional. The first thing that I changed was pushing the floating third floors to their respective far walls in order to create more space for the stairs going down to the 'dugout'. Following this, and when I was putting the stairs back in to go up to the third floors, I realised that there was not enough safety.. I needed to add something on the side that dropped into the dugout. To resolve this problem, I decided to create a small glass balustrade that is attached to the wall and the stairs themselves. A couple of images of what I mean are below..

This is what I meant, before this if one kept walking they would fall down and onto the stairs below that are going down into the dugout..

This screenshot shows how the floating floors are extended all the way to where the stairs started in my previous model in order to create more space in the dugout.
The next thing that I changed in my model was the form of the stairs. Previously they turned as they went down into the dugout which was unnecessary and was partly the reason for them being so steep. Therefore I have decided to just use traditional stairs that one enters from the side and then walks down into the dugout. I have extended each steps run to 350mm so that the steepness is significantly decreased..



The last significant thing that I have changed in my model, is changing the bench slightly. Due to the fact that by removing a set of stairs on each dugout, I then had a back wall face to fill. Therefore to enable more customers to be able to try on at once, I have extended the bench a lot longer and made it wrap around the back wall too to create an 'L' shape.



No comments:

Post a Comment