Saturday 9 August 2014

Baseball Dugout Concept

Following on from my previous recessed furniture idea, I have thought about how I could recess the floor whilst using the small space I have most efficiently. I have begun to think about baseball / softball dugouts. I used to play softball for 7 or so years so it is an idea that I find quite interesting. If I ran the dug outs along either side of the room within 128 Tory Street and then but a recessed ceiling above that, I could use the ceiling for displays or other forms of storage.

Chicken wire is a strong component within especially softball for protection for both supporters and the team in the dugout. Therefore I am envisioning using chicken wire throughout my design as well as a way to play with light.

The following are images of various dugouts in order for me to begin to gain inspiration for my own designs:








Another aspect I like about these dugouts is the simplicity of seating that they have. The simple, wooden seats really correlate to my minimalistic design concept and are very easy to both design and create.

No comments:

Post a Comment