Tuesday 12 August 2014

Minimalist Shelving Precedents

I am in need of some inspiration for my shelving system within my retail store, therefore I have looked through some examples to try and find something that will work and I feel like I have my idea sorted now. Some of these examples are similar if not the same with the idea that I came up with, and admittedly some of these examples may not be viable due to the size of each shoe box, and the fact that I don't want it too complicated to find the right size for the customer. However there are a couple of ideas that are perfect for my design. Simple but crisp.

My favourite precedent is the second to last image. A lot of these precedents got me thinking about storing the shoe boxes horizontally rather than vertically where before that I hadn't considered it. I really like the book stopper look as this really relates to the other type of furniture that I have throughout my store, and it also allows another face to hold the boxes on the shelf - harder to fall off. I think I may model this in my own design as I think it would suit my store very well.












No comments:

Post a Comment