Monday 11 August 2014

Model with Stairs Incorporated

Since I have now modelled my stairs I have been able to incorporate it into the rest of my design to see its functionality and how the shadows cast from my chicken wire styled fencing looks like. One thing I chose to do was carry the chicken wire around the corner to meet up with the stairs for added safety. Without thinking about it at the time it changes the cast shadow on the stairs as basically the shadows are 'double exposed' through the shape. 

With the shadows being cast, something that one must keep in mind is that I am only using the shadows function in sketch-up. Hence the lighting is fixed dependant on time of day, date and time zone. Where I would put my artificial lighting will change the shadows cast even more to something more interesting I hope.

Something that I am not too keen with though is the bench seat that I have made looking at it in more detail. I wanted to design something that was more interesting like with my stairs before, however it looks out of place. I am going to go back and replace it with something a lot more basic and minimalistic to tie in better with the rest of the store.



No comments:

Post a Comment