Monday 11 August 2014

Minimalist Staircase Precedents

I already know what minimalist staircases look like but I still wanted to look through precedents to try and broaden my perspective. I was stoked that a few stood out that was a tad different from what I already knew, but the majority were just as I expected. Some of these staircases are very beautiful and I would love to use bits and pieces from a few examples within my own design, however I have a very limited space to begin with. I cannot afford to sacrifice a lot of space for a couple of staircases to get onto the top of the 'dugouts'.





Interesting design, would only work if hard against a wall which is not possible within my design i'm afraid.
I know that it is the most iconic minimalist staircase around, but I feel it suits my design very well - very simply but has an underlying sophistication to it. I will probably use something along the lines of this design - if not this design.




I love all of these floating staircases, however the positioning in my store and the amount of space that I have available, unfortunately these floating stair cases are not a viable option for my design..


This design really interested me, not for the fact that I will use it in my own design, but more in the fact that it has been designed with dual purpose - as a loft for the staircase, but also as a bench that one could work at. I think it is quite clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment