Saturday 9 August 2014

Minimalist Bench Seating

So I am designing my 'dugout' seating and I want to design something is interesting and aesthetically pleasing however maintains the minimalistic style. Therefore I have decided to conduct some research in order to get a better understanding of what a minimalist bench seat looks like. 

It is clear from these precedents that minimalist seating is like everything else minimalistic - straight to the point and purpose with nothing extra. Some of the latter examples have started to incorporate storage into the design structure but the rest are very straight forward. If I use the idea of a very simple bench like the third example, I will just need to keep in mind how long it will be and incorporating extra legs along the length of the bench for extra support. Otherwise the bench will become bowed and could break while customers are sitting on it. 

This quick research has been good in the fact that I now have a better thought process of what type of bench I could incorporate into my design. It is now just a case of designing a few and see what they look like in my model.
















No comments:

Post a Comment