Monday 25 August 2014

Corflute Laser Cutter File

In order to manipulate the light and thus create this to be a lightbox, I have decided to use the corflute and then laser cut a pattern into it. Because I have used a 'chicken wire' rendition throughout my model, I have decided to play off that idea and create a basic shape that casts similar shadows. I have quickly mocked this design up that will cast shadows from a vast range of different forms.

Parallel perspective looking down on the design I have made for laser cutting onto the corflute. If I can cut this well, and everything works out like I hope, I am excited for how my lightbox will turn out tomorrow!
Perspective of the design.
I have then exported my design as a .dwg file so that I can open it with Illustrator and start editing the line colours to the specifications of the laser cutter. Blue to cut through, red to engrave and black to raster. I have then changed the stroke weight to the 0.1pt so that my file is good to go first thing tomorrow morning when I get into the workshop.

I have imported the .dwg file of my design into the laser cutter file and scaled it accordingly. All I need to do now is do some test cuts to see how the cardboard settings work for corflute - due to the fact that there is no preset for corflute.. After I cut this design out, then its just a case of fixing it to my lightbox and I'll be all done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment