Sunday 27 July 2014

Sketch 5: 'Hanging Shoes'

In taking the gallery idea from the previous post, I have also thought about creating an installation in which styles of shoes hang from the ceiling throughout the store. The store is recessed into the ground in which the customer walks down the stairs to enter the store. This enables the shoes to hang from a higher height without the need to use the second floor. The idea behind this concept and all of my other concepts is to make customers view the footwear that I would sell, not just as something that you wear on your feet, but it is a piece of fine craftsmanship that needs to be appreciated and adored. 

This concept is slightly different in the fact that there is no seating for customers to fit sizes - it is all part of the experience. Therefore they can either kneel or stand to get their shoes on. Sizes would fill the back wall from top to bottom with large ladders on runners (I forgot to draw these in) for staff to get sizes down for customers. To be honest, I don't think this is my strongest concept, however it is just another way of looking at this project and in turn, another potential direction I could take it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment