Sunday 27 July 2014

Sketch 3: Chasm

I really quite like this idea - however I am not sure how feasible it is.. This idea revolves continues around the idea of making the displays of the shoe the focal point of the store, like they are an art piece. When a customer enters the store they are met with a dark room with recessed floor lights leading them to the displays that is metres above the fitting area below. It is if the fitting area is cut out of the ground creating a chasm below the display area. Two sets of large grand staircases lead down to the fitting area below which is illuminated by lights hanging low from the ceiling high above creating atmosphere and a sense of being belittled in the vast chasm. 

As my annotation states; if I look into progressing with this idea any further, I would need to look into how deep the 'chasm' could be without compromising the structural integrity of the building and those surrounding it too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment