Sunday 27 July 2014

Sketch 1: 'Dugout'

So my idea behind this sketch was to create a baseball inspired design in which the store is on three levels. The ground floor would be where the table to display the shoes and point of sale are, the fitting areas are like 'dugouts' which are recessed into floor by a meter or two, and storage for sizes are on a floating floor that also works as the ceiling for inside the dugout. I would line the store with chicken wire in order to abide by the notions of Ihi and Wehi and to emphasise the aesthetic and design that the store is based on.  

I am interested in this idea due to the fact that if the fitting areas are recessed into the ground, the ability for natural light will be quite low, therefore I could experiment with artificial light in order to help create a moodiness and a more overall experience when trying on my shoes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment