Tuesday 15 July 2014

Precedent 1: I.L.U

Store: I Love Ugly
Location: Old Bank Arcade, Lambton Quay, Wellington


I Love Ugly (I.L.U) is a men's high end fashion retail brand focused on "sourcing and customising unique fabrics from around the world, and uphold an unwavering attention to bespoke styling. The details are not the details they are the design." They continue their design aspirations in their apparel through into their retail outlet stores also. Creating sleek, atmospheric stores through lighting and materiality, that appeal to their consumer demographic. 


Taking their Wellington store for example, by combining a polished concrete floor with black fixtures and storage, it helps to create a mood in the store that is both mysterious and captivating for the consumer. The down lighting used creates emphasis on the clothes themselves without being too overpowering that it disturbs the mood. I Love Ugly have also used items within the store to help convey the ideas and inspirations behind the brand and their garments.



I love this store, putting the brand and their garments aside - due to the fact that I actually shop at this store, the way that this store is organised and the mood that is created as one enters the store, every time I walk past the Old Bank Arcade I have an urge to go in. I want to design a retail store that could achieve the same following of consumers, enticing them through both the products that I would sell, and the mood that I create. 








No comments:

Post a Comment