Wednesday 23 July 2014

Quick Initial Sketches

Following my precedent work, I have quickly whipped up a few initial sketches to try and get an idea of what the interior of my store could potentially look like. The space is quite elongated therefore I must use the depth rather than the width in the way that I design my store.

This idea is potentially having the first floor almost as a like a large 'window' shop, in which customers enter the store and look at all the displays, and if anything tickles their fancy they progress upstairs for fitting.
Hanging seating from steel beams in an attempt to allow space underneath seats for things? Run L.E.D strip lights around steam beams and underfloor lights to create atmosphere within the store.
Looking at a way in which I could incorporate seating whilst maintaining room for displays? Having displays on the back of the seating? Clear resin in which customers can see the shoes from either side of the seat. Point of sale located at the back of the store with more display shoes.
Quick sketches looking at potential layouts of the store and how I could use furniture or fixtures to display my shoes. Also considering the existing steel beams on the premises, I could carry that aesthetic along the rest of the wall by making a sort of feature wall out of steal which could be used to distinguish different display shoes..
From my short site visit, without being able to enter the store, this is what I can remember of what the interior of the store looks like. This could be wrong however.. I will need to find a time to get back to the site and document it properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment