Sunday 20 July 2014

Precedent 3:

Not sure where this store is located or even what it is called, but I love the aesthetic that is created through the use of the wooden palettes as both the seating and hung to work as the backing for the shoe displays, but especially I love the hanging tires. This somewhat industrial, rugged look and feel really complements the style and aesthetic that the shoes have. I feel that if the shoes were business shoes like Double Monk, this store would not work at all as the two aesthetics would clash. 

The lighting in the store is quite standard, with down lights on the ceiling, however the forms of the shadows cast from especially the tyres is quite nice. It is a bit hard to see from the images, but I also love the pattern on the walls. This simple bevelled pattern really adds another element to the store as opposed to being plain walls. Overall I really like this precedent and I will consider elements used, for example fixtures hanging, within my own designs.






No comments:

Post a Comment